Every single day I see something that is so amazing that my brain gets flooded and I can't think straight. So in an effort to appreciate each thing to its fullest I decided to start blogging about things I see in cairo each day. Today I noticed that Egyptians must think 78 degrees is quite cold as 1 in 5 seem to be wearing jackets, scarves, etc. I was sweating by the time I got to the bus station, but everyone else around me appeared to be cold. I ate my granola bar and yogurt drink and even 'cheers'd' a guy that was staring at me from 6 feet away.
as a side note, I like saying oddly offensive things in public situations in which there are no native english speakers. nothing says funny like ordering 'cocknipples' at a restaurant.
anyway, the guy that sat next to me on the bus was wearing a canadian tuxedo and felt the need to read the koran and sing his prayers. This is one of those things that gets old really fast but you can't do anything about it. All you can really do is pray about it and hope that your god is stronger, cooler, or has more of a respect for people around him than this guys god.
Last weekend I got into a cab for an expected 40 minute ride (this costs ~$5). The driver had no cassette player or radio so he did what anyone would do in this situation...he selected a ringtone, let it play, chose another one, let it play, etc etc. occasionally he'd come back to one he liked but i think he had a bit of a playlist in mind. Keep in mind he is doing this while driving a 30+ yr old fiat with manual transmission through some crazy traffic. Also, he did not have a nice phone at all, it was one that you could get in the US for free 6 years ago so it was all midi tones.

0 comments:


 

Original Blogger Template | Modified by Blogger-Whore | Distributed by eBlog Templates