The weather in Cairo is amazing right now. It's in the upper 70's all day and at night it drops down to the mid 60's. It's just enough to feel like fall, only it's egypt so it never rains...or does it?
I was able to see rain for the first time since having to ride motorcycles through monsoons in July. I have a friend who lives on the 34th floor of an apartment building. You can easily see the pyramids from the windows, it's amazing. Anyway, it got really windy so we had to shut the windows and then you could see this massive dust storm coming across the dessert into the city. It was just like in the movie The Mummy, giant face and all. Then just as the dust storm passed it started to rain, but not like rain in the states, this rain was so light that it floated around like snow. I ended up just staying at my friends house and watching My name is Earl on dvd because I was afraid the next thing was a plague of locusts or frogs dropping from the sky.

0 comments:


 

Original Blogger Template | Modified by Blogger-Whore | Distributed by eBlog Templates