Right now I am listening to Group Inerane. This flight has given me a perfect opportunity to explore music I usually don't have time to digest.
Back to the stories.
We arrived in Harrisonburg later than expected and met up with Ward and Kate at Clementine on Main St. It's a nice place, moderately fancy but relaxed and with a bathroom that's nicer than any New York apartment I've ever seen. After a couple drinks we decide to move on, but not before Ward approached the Assistant coach of the womens college basketball team and talked her into a late night basketball game.
We decided to go to The Nile, which is a fairly new establishment downtown and a nice, dark, underground bar with plenty of space to move around it. This is also where our gracious host, Mike K. works. I really enjoyed the entire scene and we met some new friends with whom discussed the finer parts of the R. Kelly trial and Real Talk.
We then went to an after party at someones house where some Indian girl gave me the business just for existing. It was pretty jarring given how laid back eveyone had been up until that point. Somehow Mike K. saved the day and I got stuck talking to some guy who had been to 83 Grateful Dead shows. I eventually told him that I had just heard some jerk say that the Grateful Dead and phish were no talent bar bands that became famous for no good reason and you had to be heavily intoxicated to even come close to enjoying it. I never told him that that person was me. On a related side note, Dave is still wearing patchouli, and it's not for the sake of ironic comedy.
I then expressed an interest in playing ghost in the graveyard in an actual graveyard, so after the bar, that's what we did. Dave and I were really happy that even during the slowest time of the year for harrisonburg there were still quality people that wanted to have fun. Dave laid on top of a crypt instead of looking for 'the ghost' and looked at the stars while taking in all that dog food aroma that is harrisonburg. We then ended up crashing with the new friends and making jokes til the sun came up. Even though in my mind we were hysterical I can only assume we were mildly funny, really tired, and moderately annoying.
Speaking of annoying, how long does it take to read a newspaper? I know it's in German so it would take me a really long time, but he knows that language. Just so we got this straight, this guy is upset because I'm using a seat that is not mine because he wants 3 more seats that are not his. He wants me to be cramped into a seat in between people so he can stretch out over 4 seats.
Life is suffering and that suffering is a result of our wants.
Maybe if he wanted less seats he'd be happier. (see previous post for picture)

0 comments:


 

Original Blogger Template | Modified by Blogger-Whore | Distributed by eBlog Templates