Why doesn't anyone else seem to hate itunes as much as I do?
I hate that I have to use this program. I know there are other programs that I can use, and I do, but the problem is that I like the 'genius' feature and if I plug in my ipod to my computer it deletes everything. I hate the fact that I can't just drag and drop folders of music onto itunes. All of my music has just been deleted for the 3rd time in as many weeks.
I'm going to just say it: I hate apple's mentality that computing and the transfer of data has to be 'cute' or 'cool' or 'proprietary'. I grew up with drew building computers, installing 9600 bps modems as an upgrade. Dos was logical. If you want the elitist sensation that an apple provides, just learn linux. I don't care that when I delete something it makes a 'fun' animation, I just want to make sure its deleted, not from the 'library', but off of my computer.
This is what happens when the focus switches from 'function' to 'design'.
So, if you want to spend 2500+ on a new mac that makes you look super cool when you check your email, twitter, or vlog, go for it. Then, when it comes time to upgrade and you don't have any options and it costs you more than most car repairs, I'll be laughing, as I swap out the broken part with a spare one someone has lying around their house.
Sure there are problems, and pc's are frustrating too, but I hate hate Itunes.

1 comments:

  1. Soma said...

    I hate iTunes. But its GUI is more user-friendly than Windows Media Player, so you know... the memory issue does suck.

    And also, I found your blog when I googled Cairo Scholars; it was, like, on the first page of results. I "applied" to join the Google Group, but I was wondering if you had any words of wisdom to impart with regard to temporarily living in Cairo. Thanks!  


 

Original Blogger Template | Modified by Blogger-Whore | Distributed by eBlog Templates