For a handful of solid personal reasons I have decided to return to America. I will miss Egypt, or most of it, the friends that I made there, the kindness I was shown, the people I met, etc. My experience there has left me changed, if even in a small way, and I will be forever grateful. I don't get as anxious about a lack of personal space, quality of air, and I realize how little I need to be happy. I also developed an appreciation for my country that I had all but written off. I may never want a taquito. ever. but i'm glad I can get them at any time, day or night. I'm glad I can go to a diner called 'ya'llz' and play rock band with friends until an hour after the doors are shut. It's the simple things. It's sleeping on couches and being woken up to a dog licking your mouth, but you have a bandana on your eyes because its too bright in the room so you couldnt be more confused.
Damn your super thin eyelids!
It's about friends, its about family, its about making things happen.
Right now i'm going to make it happen in richmond and i'm going to see more of my family and friends...i just need a job and a place to live.
Thanks to everyone who has seen me in the last week and been genuinely excited that i'm staying. It has meant a lot ot me.

0 comments:


 

Original Blogger Template | Modified by Blogger-Whore | Distributed by eBlog Templates