I'm going to start from the most recent things and work my way back-
Yesterday Dave and I went to brunch with chris, carrie, bryan, tony, and eva at a place called pearlys. The food was great and pretty cheap, as was the company -zing-. Then we went back to tony and evas and had a bloody mary bar, pitchers of mimosas, and funny videos on the projector.
Later, Chris, Dave and I went to Black Sheep and had some amazing food. My one complaint was that the tea wasn't sweatened, but the glasses had a respectable heft to them, which provided an enjoyable and thirst quenching experience.
Afterwards, Dave and I met Ward and company at the Punks for Presents Christmisfits Benefits show. Basically it was ex-Wheelbite members doing a christmas themed misfits cover band for charity. A-mazing. Even the bartenders were donating their tips.
The lead singer was even nice enough to throw presents out to the audience. At one point he asked, "are there any Cutthroats in the audience?" (the leading bicycle club) and then he threw out some soap. hilarious. Unfortunately, the soap, sweat and beer made for a slippery combination and everyone started to fall all over the place.
At one point shelly took control of the pit, until she got 'tired' and decided to just lay down in the middle. Ward and I convinced her it would be better to just lay on the bar, so we picked her up and set her up there. Before the end of the set, she had gotten on my shoulders and I was walking around with her for the entire last song. The slippery floors made it difficult to balance, and an intoxicated shelly atop my frame made it almost impossible. Eventually she jumped off my shoulders and into the crowd.
The last I saw of shelly she was being ejected out of the bar full tilt. Her feet looked like they were consistently confused as to where the ground was, and her shoulders always seemed to be a solid distance ahead of the rest of her body. Dave and I went with ward and murty to Ipanema where ward and I prank called the radio station. Apparently, it was techno night or something so I asked if the current song was considered house or drum and bass (I dont know what the diffence is) and the dj said "neither, it's down-tempo-trip-hop". Ward then asked if it was a remix, or the original, and requested some 'up-tempo-trip-hop" as the current song was a bit of a 'downer'.

0 comments:


 

Original Blogger Template | Modified by Blogger-Whore | Distributed by eBlog Templates