Well...my internet has been out at my house for a minute, I'm being promoted at work on a consistent basis, and I went to Dahab for Eid (post Ramadan feast/week long party).
As you can tell from the photos i'm still telling stories/jokes and wearing the same shirts i've owned for 10+ years.
Quick story, then I have to get to work -
The guy in the middle of the picture is an Iraqi refugee named Hassan. He loves America. His family is still in Iraq and he is being relocated to DC pretty soon. You seriously couldn't meet a sweeter guy. But...one time during our trip we had planned on going to the dessert with Bedouins and watch the sunset, see the stars, etc. The cars that were supposed to pick us up were over an hour late, so our friend Danny called and complained to the drivers and then called off the trip (after much yelling) and demanded the deposit back. This was not going to happen -ever- according to the drivers. Hassan grabs the phone and tells the driver "I don't care about the deposit, just tell me where you are right now. Why? Because I'm going to take my thumbs and pull out your eyes." We ended up getting our deposit back and had a huge group dinner with the money. I'll put up the pictures on facebook and flickr today.

0 comments:


 

Original Blogger Template | Modified by Blogger-Whore | Distributed by eBlog Templates