Subject: hey "grasshopper"
I just found out that David Carradine hung himself in a Thai hotel. Crazy, huh?
Love you
Mom

I remember staying up late every wednesday night to watch Kunk Fu: The Legend Continues. I'm pretty sure I'm the only one, as the show was not very good, but the David Carradine was this peaceful shaolin monk/superhero and I loved it. When I found out that the entire concept for the original show was Bruce Lee's and the studio was too racist to have a 'chinaman' in a staring role, i could never really enjoy the show as much. Turns out David Carradine was just another (7/8ths) cracker co-opting asian culture for profit.
May my youthful, idealistic view of David Carradine rest in peace.

0 comments:


 

Original Blogger Template | Modified by Blogger-Whore | Distributed by eBlog Templates