The first ever Aqua Battle was hosted by Richmond's favorite bicycle club, the Cutthroats, this weekend. To call it 'Epic' would be a gross understatement. Pics are uploaded to here.
The event took place at a boat launch off of 14th st downtown. There were a lot of boats and multiple groups represented. Aside from the Cutthroats and Hells Satans, the younger group, ColorWheels was also in attendance with a worthy vessel (which I helped flipped btw). It was good to see younger people there as they are indeed the future of Richmond's 'party every day/live forever' mentality. I'm sure there were other groups there, but I was too busy having fun to care.
The idea was simple enough -build boats and battle them on the James. I don't think that the outcome could have possibly been more fun. To the best of my knowledge, no one got hurt and no one got arrested. The turnout was massive and everyone definitely came with a great attitude, ready to have the most fun they've ever had. I can't say enough good things about Richmond these days. I am honestly sad to leave, but I know that Fun is not leaving Richmond any time soon and it will be here when I get back.

2 comments:

  1. big dave said...

    Check it out I'm flickr'ing your blogspot. I think these are the pictures that Brooks was talking about:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/lostlions/sets/72157606015156325/
    I'm using spiders to crawl the matrix looking for pictures from the girl who had the DSLR camera.  

  2. jimifoster said...

    I think you should be a professional commenter because they always make me 'totally lol'  


 

Original Blogger Template | Modified by Blogger-Whore | Distributed by eBlog Templates